Had an accident in a supermarket?
Not your fault?
Supermarket Accident Claims: If you have been in an accident in a supermarket in the past three years and it was not your fault; and you have suffered an injury due to the accident, you could be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation, this could be used to cover your losses while you were recovering and pay for any losses as a result of being unable to work or live a normal life in the future.
Many of Claims Review solicitors and lawyers specialise in personal injury accident claims involving supermarkets.
Accidents that affect members of the public while shopping are commonly caused by:
- Slipping on wet or messy floors that haven’t been cleaned up
- Slipping on spills
- Tripping up on product items left on the floor
- Being hit by products coming off displays and shelves
- Injuries resulting from accidents in supermarkets can include claims for broken bones, cuts, bruises and concussions.
Supermarket accidents claims – Public liability compensation
If you have an accident in a supermarket it could lead to a payment from the supermarket’s Public Liability Insurance (PLI).
Accidents in supermarkets and shops can cause a variety of injuries which could lead to a personal injury claim, that’s why supermarkets have to take out PLI which offers protection for some of the more common forms of accident which happen.
If you are injured whilst out shopping at a supermarket you could make a personal injury compensation claim via the supermarket’s Public Liability Insurance, supermarket owners have a legal responsibility to make sure you are safe, as far as reasonably possible and practical, while you are shopping with them.
Shops and supermarkets have to keep aisles clear from potential hazards and have a cleaning process in place to maintain them for reasons of health and safety. Likewise with displays and shelves, if a display is not arranged properly and products or packaging falls on you and it is not your fault you could be able to make some form of personal injury claim against the supermarket.
Supermarket accident compensation claims advice by solicitors
If you have been injured in an accident during a shopping trip to a supermarket, you can help yourself by keeping a record of the incident and its aftermath.
- Check that your accident is recorded in the supermarket’s accident book.
- Speak to witnesses and get their contact details.
- Take photos of the area in which your accident happened and of what injured you.
- Write to the supermarket manager for the record.
- Take photos of your injury if possible.
- Report your accident to your doctor or your local A&E department and seek treatment.
- Keep receipts for expenses, including health treatments and other costs.
- Any of the above records will help your claim for compensation.
The amount of compensation claim for personal injury in supermarkets
The level of compensation will depend partly on how serious your injury is and how much of a discomfort it causes. Obviously injuries such as slipped disks back injury and broken limbs are seriously painful and impact on the ability to work and conduct day to day life so you can expect a reasonable compensation pay out. How the injury will affect you in later life will also be taken into account when setting the compensation level.
Of course a Claims Review solicitor will be glad to advise you on average compensation levels, as well as make a claim for compensation for you.
We pride ourselves on delivering the highest standard of client service. That’s because we know that you’re in need of recognition and help – not delays and excuses. We will always return your calls within a few hours.
We don’t take a penny of your supermarket accident compensation claim
Our service is completely cost free.We work on a no win, no fee basis and, win or lose, you will not have to pay any money to make a claim. That’s right, making an accident claim with Claims Review is 100% completely cost free.
- If your accident compensation claim is successful our solicitors can recover their costs and fees from the supermarkets public liability insurance in addition to your accident compensation award.
- If your claim is unsuccessful, we guarantee that you will be fully protected from all costs and fees.
- So, if you need help following an accident or an injury at work, we’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you and offer some initial advice as to whether you have a valid compensation claim.
You can reach us via email and the form on this page or through our free helpline number 0800 978 8954.